Stephen is originally from Beltrami, Minnesota. He handles a wide variety of cases but primarily focuses on matters related to real estate, contracts, and municipal and criminal law. Stephen graduated from the University of North Dakota School of Law Magna Cum Laude. During law school, he was a member of the University of North Dakota Law Review.
- 2005, B.S., South Dakota State University, Brookings, South Dakota.
- 2009, M.Div., Free Lutheran Theological Seminary, Plymouth, Minnesota.
- 2011, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, ND.
Professional and Civic
- Named to the Minnesota Super Lawyers List for 2020
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Minnesota Crookston, 2020
- 2018 Up & Coming Attorney Honoree, Minnesota Lawyer, 2018
- Judicare Attorney with Northwest Minnesota Legal Services. Recipient of the Advocacy Achievement Award 2016.
- Glenmore Foundation Board Member 2017-Present. Chairman 2018-Present.
- President of the 14th District Bar Association 2017-2018.
- Crookston Area Chamber of Commerce Board Member 2016-2018. Chairman 2017.
- Licensed attorney in the State of Minnesota and the State of North Dakota.
- Real Estate Law
- Contract Law
- Land Auctions
- Municipal Law
- Criminal Law